Monday, April 5, 2010

Sad day!

I suppose it goes without saying that it's been awhile since I last posted. I just haven't been in a very "photo-happy" mood recently. Maybe it's because of school. Maybe it's because I just haven't realized that winter is actually over now so I can get outside more and take pictures. Either way, I plan to be taking more pictures soon, although something tragic happened to my camera the other day.
I was coming home from a homework marathon at Dunn Bros one night and as I was going through the entry way on my way to my room, I bent my shoulder down to slide my backpack off my back, but I narrowly missed it with my hand and it crashed onto the floor. Luckily, my computer was okay, but my camera (which was in the front pocket) wasn't. I unpacked my bag and inspected my camera and found that the little viewing screen on the back had been cracked! :( Fortunately, the lens was unharmed, so I can still take pictures with it; but, I was (and sill am) really disappointed.
And to add salt to my wound, my dad totally rebuilt my computer over this past weekend and I forgot to tell him to backup my "picture" file because it contained all of my pictures that I have ever taken on it. So, now ALL of my pictures are completely gone! Well, at least the ones that aren't on this blog. Oh, what a sad day! *sobs* ah, well... Nothing lasts forever, but God does! And this has been an awesome reminder to me of that... Although it has been a big disappointment, I don't intend to dwell on it. However, I do intend to let God to continue to remind me not get too attached to earthly-material things because they will never bring me everlasting satisfaction! They're only gifts that He has graciously given me and I am extremely thankful for them, and I will enjoy them while they last.
Anywho, that's whats been going on! Enjoy the weather, and I'll try and take some more pictures soon. :)

3 comments:

  1. SAD DAY, indeed! good quote. =D but yeah. that's a big bummer, but i really like and totally agree w/ what you said! pics are only temporary...and we can only take pics of dim reflections of the glory of God, anywho. He'll last forever even when technology fails.
    sooo keep pressing on and remembering that...and keep taking good pics also! =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. that happened with TWO of my cameras before the one I have now...I know exactly how you feel. Well, only kinda because I have all my pictures backed up on CD, but still.. I understand the camera part! But, God is still good even when things seem to be going all wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can only imagine what it would be like to lose my pictures. I have over 10,000 on my computer right now and it would be a grate tragedy to lose all the memories and captured moments! I sure am thankful that life's meaning and value doesn't come from such things!

    Aldous Huxley says it best when he said "Experience isn't what happens to you. It's what you do with what happens to you."

    Hope this is a learning experience and you grow out of it! Good luck with your continued pursuit of photography! :)

    ReplyDelete