Monday, April 26, 2010

New Camera!

Yesterday was a good day. A very good day. I went out with my dad to Sam's Club to look at some cameras, with a potential to buy one if I saw just the right one. Obviously, the $800 top-notch cameras would've been really sweet to get, and I really enjoyed messing around with the displays they had, but those were definitely out of my price range. Truthfully, I don't think I would be able to utilize all the bells and whistles on those high-tech machines in order to maximize its hefty price tag, negating its usefulness really. So those were out of the question. As I tore myself away from them, I found a 10MP Nikon with 15x optical zoom for a good price. It seemed like the perfect one, and I wanted to buy it, but they were all out. The person at the info desk said that there were 7 left at the Sam's Club in White Bear Lake, though, so me and my dad drove up to White Bear to get it. When we got there, I decided to look and see if they had any different cameras, just in case... even though I was almost positive I wanted the Nikon. That's when I clapped eyes on the Olympus! I picked it up and saw that it was 12MP and had 26x optical zoom for the exact same price! (well, technically it was 4 cents more expensive, but... =P) What a DEAL!! I totally bought it instead. I'm soo glad that we decided to drive all the way up to White Bear, because it ended up turning out to be waaaaaay better than I had thought! God is so good. :)

This is what it looks like!


1 comment:

  1. Nice camera! I'm also a photographer and I shoot with the Olympus Evolt E-520.

    I found your blog through Moodle and I've enjoyed looking through your photos.

    God bless!

    Hannah

    ReplyDelete