Thursday, March 17, 2011

SPRING!

Unbelievable, I know. After we've had what seems to have been two year's worth of winter this year, spring seems to have finally arrived. I'm not totally ahead of myself yet, even though I really want to be. We still average 3 inches of snow in April. Regardless, I still believe that winter is finally gone, for the most part. Here is some evidence that spring is on the way (or is already here?):

#1: Being able to drink ice tea on the back deck in shorts and a t-shirt comfortably. 'Comfortably', meaning, you're not doing it for "show", like some people do when it's -20 out and there's 2 feet of snow on the ground. It's for real this time.

#2: "sunbathing" with that glass of ice tea while being surrounded with, not only the sight of melting snow, but the surprisingly obstreperous sound of it as well.

#3: Being able to go outside and take pictures of the melting snow, again, in shorts and a t-shirt. I like the texture the melting snow/ice has in this picture with the trapped air bubbles.

As the snow melted, it created these cool cavern-like formations on our back deck. The snow is melting at an alarming rate right now. This snow formation existed yesterday. Today, it does not. This makes me happy. ...Aaannd I don't really have any more points to make that have a picture to go with them, so here are just some more pics that I took yesterday during the heatwave that is still continuing today! :P


Hope you're enjoying the weather!

2 comments: